You are here
National Laorpsay Eradication Programme
Leprosy is chronic infectious disease caused by bacteria M. Leprae.It can produce disability which is the main cause of stigma. The bacteria enter and exit the body through respiratory tract. The incubation period is long and variable (Average 5-7 years)
- Reducing the Burden of Leprosy cases & Improving the quality of services
- Integration of Leprosy Services with Primary Health Care System
- Referral Services & long term care of cases
- Prevention and Management of impairment and disability.
- Improving community awareness and involvement,Rehabilitation & Stigma Reduction